Help us build a stronger community!
Friendly House is a nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Friendly House are tax deductible. Our Tax ID number is 93-0524232.
There are many ways to support Friendly House.
- Become a recurring donor through our Bridge Builder or Monthly Giving program.
- Make a gift of stock to Friendly House.
- Donate your vehicle.
- Make a difference for the future with a planned legacy gift from your estate.
- Make a gift in honor or in memory of a friend or family member.
- Attend a fundraising event.
- Volunteer to help our community through any of our ongoing or one-time opportunities for those who have the time to give.
- Shop with AmazonSmile, donate your recycled bottles through Bottle Drop or sign up to have your Fred Meyer Rewards Card linked to Friendly House.
- Does your employer offer matching gifts? See if your donation to Friendly House can go even further with a corporate match.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you designate Friendly House, Inc. as your charity of choice, Amazon will donate 0.5 % of the purchase price to us!
Signing up is easy. Please visit smile.amazon.com, log in to your Amazon account and select “Friendly House, Inc.” as your charitable organization. We will then automatically receive donations from eligible purchases.
Bottle Drop Give
Friendly House participates in the Bottle Drop Give program to raise funds through recycling. Participate by following these simple steps.
- Pick up a blue recycling bag with Friendly House’s special code at either our front desk (1737 NW 26th Ave.) or by emailing our Development Department at email@example.com
- Fill your bag with OR deposit containers. Plastic, aluminum, and glass all go in the same bag.
- Drop off your full blue bag at any Bottle Drop location and Friendly House will receive the refund for your recyclable containers.
- For more information about Bottle Drop Give, please visit their website.
Fred Meyer Rewards
When you link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Friendly House, a percentage of all your purchases come back to us. This is a simple way to support Friendly House while shopping as usual.
Choosing Friendly House as your beneficiary does not affect your personal reward status—you will still receive your personal rewards points and rebates for all your purchases—this is an additional rewards program for nonprofit organizations.
Signing up is simple!
- If you do not already have a Fred Meyer Rewards Card please request one from any Fred Meyer cashier.
- Visit www.fredmeyer.com and log into your existing account or create a new one to link to your Fred Meyer Rewards Card.
- Go to “My Account”—in the left-hand column select “Community Rewards.”
- Select Friendly House (EL536) as your designated charity.
- Friendly House will receive quarterly donations from Fred Meyer. Remember to use your Rewards Card for every purchase!
Gifts of Stock
Making a donation with appreciated stocks or mutual fund shares can offer tremendous tax advantages. It’s simple, efficient and can allow you to give more than you thought possible.
If you donate your securities directly to Friendly House, you avoid paying capital gains on the profit you’ve gained, and you may receive a full tax deduction for the value of your gift. This means that a stock gift can be much more tax-wise than a cash gift.
If your stock is currently with your broker in street name:
- Tell your broker to transfer the stock electronically to Sanstrum & Associates, Clearing Number DTC 0141, First Clearing, account number 8540-0939 with the beneficiary name of Friendly House, Inc.
- Place a call, or have your broker place a call, to Aaron Sanstrum, Friendly House’s broker, at (503) 241-7430. Give him the following information: your name, the name and number of your broker, the name of the stock you are donating, the number of shares that you are donating to Friendly House, and the date of transfer.
If you currently hold the stock certificates:
- Write a short “letter of authority” to Aaron at Sanstrum & Associates, authorizing Sanstrum to sell the stock, and indicating that you want the money from sale of the stock to be donated to Friendly House, Inc. as a charitable contribution.
- If delivering in person, please bring the letter of authority and the stock certificates themselves to Friendly House’s administrative office at 2617 NW Savier St.
- Be sure to endorse the stock certificates and the letter of authority exactly as your name is shown on the stock certificates.
Some important facts to remember about donating stock to Friendly House
- Please make sure to call our broker, Aaron of Sanstrum & Associates, and let him know about the stock transfer. If he is not available, Larry Santrum or Diana Wilkins of Sanstrum & Associates will be able to help you out. If you don’t call and let our broker know, then Friendly House will have no way to know who donated the stock.
- To figure out the amount of your contribution for tax purposes, multiply the number of shares you are donating by the average of the high and low price that the stock was trading at on the day that you donated it. However, this may not exactly match the total amount that Friendly House receives. A short period of time elapses between when you donate the stock and when Friendly House’s broker sells the stock. During this time, the price of the stock may go up or down. It is important to transfer the stock to Sanstrum & Associates early in the day so that they can sell the stock before the East Coast markets are closed.
- It is Friendly House’s policy to sell shares of stock as soon as it receives them, rather than to hold on to them. Therefore, when you donate stock to Friendly House, you can expect that it will be liquidated as soon as possible.
- Any information that you provide to Friendly House’s broker is private, privileged communication and will not be shared with anyone other than Friendly House.
Sanstrum & Associates
Contact: Aaron Sanstrum
11104 SE Stark St.
Portland, OR 97216
Larry Sanstrum or Diana Wilkins
Phone Number: (503) 241-7430
Direct transfer account DCT #: 0141
Brokerage #: 85400939
Address: 11104 SE Stark, Portland, OR 97216
Friendly House Inc. Tax ID number: 93-0524232
Friendly House partners with Volunteers of America Oregon to accept your vehicle donations. All you need to do is contact them and they will walk you through each step of the process. Please remember to let them know you would like your donation to benefit Friendly House, Inc., tax ID number: 93-0524232.
Corporate Matching Gifts
You can increase your donations to Friendly House by taking advantage of employer gift matching. Many local and national companies offer this benefit as a way of supporting the nonprofits that are important to their employees.
Many larger companies are using portals such as Benevity (Nike, Intel, Apple, Adidas, Google) and YourCause/CSR Connect (The Standard Insurance, Vanguard, Chevron.) If your business uses one of these donation portals, you should be able to find Friendly House in their list of registered charities.
Please inquire with your employer to see if your company has an available matching gift program. If you need any information from Friendly House to complete a match, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 228-4391.